Kate Serine: Top 5 Action Movies & Giveaway
SAFE FROM HARM — Elle has been protecting her heart from the cocky playboy cop. But it’s hard not to notice a guy when he takes a bullet for you and seems determined to turn his life around. With terrorists still at large and Elle a target, Gabe and his law enforcement brothers kick into high gear to take down the threat. And as they work together, Elle realizes she’s losing her heart to a man who will risk it all to keep her safe from harm.
Kate Serine’s Top 5 Favorite Action Movies
I love writing romantic suspense, especially the action scenes. So it’s probably no big surprise that I’m an action movie junkie. If we’re ever debating which movie to watch on a Saturday night, I’ll always go for one that’s action-packed. Doesn’t matter if it’s a horror, romance, comedy, fantasy, sci-fi, thriller…If there’s action in it, I’m in! There’s just something about the intensity of an action movie that I just can’t get enough of. The problem is, there are so many awesome action movies out there, it’s tough to pick my favorites! But I’m going to give it a try. So here, in no particular order, are my top five favorite action movies:
- Bourne Identity – Although I really enjoy all the Bourne movies, this one is still my favorite. I love the complexity of Jason Bourne’s character and the non-stop, no-time-to-catch-your-breath action that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Plus, it has one of the best car chase scenes I’ve ever seen. Love it!
- Raiders of the Lost Ark – Harrison Ford!!!!! Okay, there’s a lot more to love about this movie than its leading man: snappy dialogue; fantastic action sequences; and nail-biting suspense…The list goes on. Some of the special effects are a little cheesy by today’s standards, but this one will always be among my favorites.
- Jaws –I distinctly remember the first time I watched the movie I was curled up on my aunt and uncle’s living room floor next to my cousins, clutching a pillow to my chest, my eyes wide with horror—and excitement. I was absolutely terrified, my heart pounding every time I heard those now-familiar notes from a cello announcing the shark’s imminent attack. It was awesome! And I still get nervous every time Matt Hooper (Richard Dreyfuss) decides he needs to go check out the damage to the hull of Ben Gardner’s boat…
- Aliens – I watched this movie with my dad and sisters one rainy Saturday afternoon. The action was so intense, the suspense so gripping, that I experienced a huge adrenaline crash when the end credits finally began to roll. When my dad stopped the movie and switched it back to TV, the video of Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up” was playing on VH1 and, from that point on, the song was forever linked to Aliens in my mind. To this day, whenever I hear that song, I experience a physical reaction. When I recently shared this with my teenage son, he laughed and said, “Mom! You were ‘Rick Rolled’ before it was even a thing!”
- Equilibrium – I. Love. This. Movie. The premise isn’t entirely original—people try to create utopian society; experiment fails thanks to rebel/savior who exposes flaws in the Big Plan—but the movie rocks! Christian Bale’s character is appropriately conflicted, so watching his emotional journey (in a very literal sense) while being fully aware of what’s at stake is riveting. But since it’s the action we’re talking about here, I have to say, this movie has some of the most beautifully choreographed gun fight/hand-to-hand combat/sword fight scenes you’ll see outside of a martial arts film.
Honorable Mention: Any movie with Jet Li (because JET LI!!!!) or Jason Statham (where he’s essentially a badass “for hire”). And I might be adding Gerard Butler’s Olympus Has Fallen and London Has Fallen to my top 25 or so. I really enjoyed them!
Title: Safe from Harm
Series: Protect & Serve, #2
Author: Kate SeRine
Pub Date: October 4, 2016
It’s All Harmless Flirting Until Someone Gets Shot…
Deputy Gabe Dawson has had his eye on prosecuting attorney Elle McCoy for years. But the smart, sassy redhead is immune to his legendary charm and good looks–until Gabe is shot on the courthouse steps protecting Elle from a vengeful domestic extremist.
Elle has been protecting her heart from the cocky playboy cop. But it’s hard not to notice a guy when he takes a bullet for you and seems determined to turn his life around. With terrorists still at large and Elle a target, Gabe and his law enforcement brothers kick into high gear to take down the threat. And as they work together, Elle realizes she’s losing her heart to a man who will risk it all to keep her safe from harm.
Kate SeRine writes award-winning romantic suspense and paranormal romance. A past recipient of an Emily Award and the National Readers Choice Award, she has also been a finalist in the Fire and Ice Contest, Finally a Bride Contest, and the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence. She lives with her husband and two sons outside Indianapolis, Indiana. Connect with Kate at www.kateserine.com.
I would add The Fifth Element to the list
The original Die Hard film is still pretty good.
Sounds good! Can’t wait to read!
Thanks for the chance
Sounds like an exciting story
Thanks for sharing! 🙂