Hey RJ Readers,
Thought we’d kick off my guest post here talking about alpha heroes and their heroines. We as authors have written scores of blogs, books and other forms of paraphernalia about these men who dominate and why we love them.
In my upcoming Red Sage release ENDANGERED, Josef starts off as a dominant but he’s kind of hell bent on self destruction, not finding worth in himself until after he’s had some time with our definitely strong heroine Livia, and her lover, Isabella. Yeah, it took two women to make him stand up and act like a proper Alpha, but even then the story takes another twist at the end.
I’ve also created a few different variations on the Alpha Male. In Torn to Pieces I had two wolves, both Alphas of their pack, but in menage there wasn’t really a true dominant, because the heroine herself was too head strong and often smarter than both the boys together.
And my kinky dominan
ts in two of my Decadent titles aren’t really the idea of dominant we have in mind. I’d like to pick YOUR brains though. First, my top five favorite dominant males:
- Wrath – of Black Dagger Brotherhood fame. Honestly, I identify strongly with the Blind King and love his choice of mates because Beth doesn’t take any of his crap! Sometimes that’s needed!
- Eric Drake - from Dark Wolf Rising. Rhyannon Byrd did a pretty good job of creating a convincing alpha in this werewolf romance. Eric’s a pretty bad ass but he’s also got the restraint required for someone wielding power.
- Lucas Simone from Cynthia Eden’s Never Cry Wolf. Yeah, he’s kinda psycho too, on top of being over the top AND protective of what he realizes almost too late is his mate.
- Micah Sloane from Lora Leigh’s Maverick fits this bill. AND he’s human, as opposed to the rest of this list!
- Drew Black – from Back in Black by Lori Foster. Yeah, Drew’s the other human on this list. Foul mouthed, business savy, he’s got what it takes to hold the reigns in business and in bed. What makes him more alpha to me is that Gillian lets him be, for the most part, as his charm comes through naturally as an extension of his personality because of her.
So that’s my list, who are YOUR favorite alpha males? OH, I forgot to mention one random commenter will be chosen to receive a free copy of Torn to Pieces AND Surrender to Love!
Description: Livía Ilona, vampire queen of San Francisco, and her lover Isabella, have kept The Syndicate and their drugs out of their territory until recently when a new boss stepped in and started making strict demands. Tiring of their threats, Livía strikes a deal with The Syndicate’s leader to keep out of Nob Hill. All she has to do is kill the one man who happens to be causing problems—Joséf Staganov. Except he’s not just a troublemaking ex-cop, he’s the key to returning Livía’s human soul. Rogue cop turned vigilante, Joséf Staganov fights to keep The Syndicate and their drugs off the streets of San Francisco, using whatever means necessary. Aware that his life is on a short leash, he trusts only himself until even that trust is betrayed by an operation gone bad. Now hooked on the drugs he’s trying to eradicate, Joséf vows to take as much of the criminal organization down as possible before he dies. Except during a fight, the Queen of the Night comes with her lover to his rescue and to abduct him. Capture quickly turns to seduction until Joséf learns the real reason for his kidnapping: Recover Isabella’s boy. The human in him still sees the good of his act, yet the beast Livía accidentally unleashes presents an all new threat. Can the threesome recover Isabella’s son, topple the Syndicate and stop the threats on their lives?