:::Kathryn will be giving away a $10.00 gift card (winners choice of Amazon or B&N) and an eBook of INELIGIBLE BACHELOR to one winner at every tour stop. US/CANADA ONLY. To enter leave a comment below. Don’t forget to leave your email addy or to check back later this month to see if you won.
I am so glad you could join us here at RomanceJunkies. To start, will you please tell us a little bit about your current projects?
• I am on Book Two of my BACHELOR”S THREE series, the first of which was Ineligible Bachelor. They are all romantic comedies and are a lot of fun to write. Being a reality TV Junkie, and yes, I do watch Dance Moms, I knew I had to try my hand at writing a book that dealt with reality TV, So I dug into my past and used my own experience having a boy-friend, teamed it up with a twist on the Bachelor and Ineligible Bachelor was born.
The next, Bachelor-Dot-Com is The Big Bang Theory meets Richard Branson. It is a twist on the kiss a frog get a prince theory. I mean why does only the heroine ever be the one to get gorgeous?
The last, The Bachelor’s Agenda deals with a politician who begins his campaign for re-election at his high school reunion and runs headlong into a son he never knew he had. But this is no ordinary son, He’s an eyeliner wearing, multi-earringed Goth kid. Imagine the media getting a hold of that piece of news!
When was the moment that you knew you had to be a writer?
• First grade, Catholic school, after I mastered phonics. I wrote stories about angels every weekend and slipped them onto the Sister’s desk on Monday, Wonder if she still has them?
Every writer dreams of getting “the call”. What were you doing when yours came? Who got to hear the good news first?
• Actually I was pulling water-soaked furniture out of my house after Hurricane Floyd in 1999. I had 3 feet of water in my ranch and the back foundation had collapsed. Ironically that book began with a Hurricane. If I had known I was going to be so prophetic, I would have started it with the heroine winning the lottery!
Who gave you the one piece of writing advice that sticks with you to this day?
• Get a thick skin in a hurry. For everyone who loves your stories, there will be someone who thinks you can’t put two words together to make a sentence and will have no problem telling you.
Describe the “perfect” hero. What about the “perfect” hero for you?
• What are some of your favorite pastimes? Do you have any hobbies or collections?
• I love to garden. It is really relaxing to see the flowers or vegetables growing and very therapeutic to pull weeds when you get that bad review.
And I love to travel. My favorite place is Iceland. I am trying to see the Northern Lights, but each trip so far I didn’t; too cloudy or raining those days. Going back for the third time next year, Keep your fingers crossed.
What has been your biggest adventure to date?
• Trying Irish step-dance in a pub the last time I was in Dublin. Too much Guinness I think that day
If your fairy godmother waved her wand and whisked you away to the location of your choice, which place would you choose, and why?
• I want to see the Pyramids. But I feel the area is too volatile right now. But with a fairy godmother, she could whisk me away if things got tense.
My dad served in Northern Africa during WWII and brought home some wonderful black and white pictures of the Sphinx and the Pyramids. Growing up he would show the pictures to me and tell me stories about Egypt. That area continues to fascinate me.
When it comes to food, are you the adventurous type who will try anything once, or do you prefer to stick to tried and true foods and recipes?
• I’ll try anything, just don’t tell me what it is until after I eat it.
What is the one modern convenience that you cannot do without?
• I have naturally wavy hair, which I hate, so I need my InStyler to tame the waves. Summers in New Jersey are tough with all the heat and humidity, Nothing helps then.
What is this romance writer’s idea of the “ideal romantic evening”?
• The Hub is a truck driver who frequently takes overnight trips, so every night he is home is a romantic evening. Doesn’t matter if we are having take out or watching the History Channel. It’s just nice to have him home and safe.
How do you describe yourself? How would your family and friends describe you?
• I’m a little spacey. I have so many things going on with work and writing and all the community boards I serve on that my head gets clogged with details and I get that blank look on my face.
Sometimes it’s a plot; sometimes it is “now where do I have to be tonight?”
*I think my family would say that I love God, family and Country in that order above all.
And lastly, no interview of a writer would be complete without this question: what is your favorite comfort food?
• Feed me chocolate; the darker the better
What is your favorite season? What do you love about it?
• I love the winter. I really like snow and everything that comes with it, except for the crazy NJ drivers who think their cars are skis. I love to shovel snow, snow-throw snow (especially onto my son who is helping me with the sidewalks) and just walk in the snow. Can’t ski, though. Tried it once. Went half way down the mountain, grabbed onto a tree and the ski patrol had to cone up and get me. I guess I should have known better when I fell UP the rope tow.
What project are you working on next?
• My writing soul mate – Hi Patt – and I are working on an urban fantasy series called the Grimm Protectors. Of course we’ve been working on it for 3 years and wouldn’t you know it, Grimm comes our on TV, But it is a different concept. In ours, the Descendants of the Brothers Grimm are charged with protecting the artifacts from the fairy tales. Can you imagine what Donald Trump would do with the spinning wheel that can turn straw into gold?
And I am finishing Book Three in my Beyond Camelot-Brother Knights series. I adore that time period and anything Arthurian, When I was really young, I fell in love with William Russell who played Lancelot on The Tales of Sir Lancelot on B&W TV. I was sad when King Arthur died and wondered what would happen if Camelot lived beyond his death. So I wrote about it. Find Cynthia and Constantine (Book 1) and Braeden and Janne (Book 2) on Amazon. The last Book – Reynar, the Warlord’s Honor is a WIP.
Any place we can find you in person or on the net this month or next?
• I’ll be “touring” this month with Freddy and Logan from Ineligible Bachelor. Hope some one you will come join me, Here is the tour schedule:
2/13 – United by Books
2/15 – Life of a Total Book Nerd
2/18 - Coffee & A Book Anytime
2/21 – Cocktails and Books
2/22 – Over the Edge
2/23 - Book Monster Reviews
2/24 – Must Read Faster
2/25 – Babbling About Books & More
3/6 – Redheaded Bookworm
3/7 – Book Lovin’ Mamas
3/8 – Anna Reads Romance
3/9 – Riverina Romantics
3/10 – Ramblings From This Chick
3/12 – Toots Book Reviews
3/13 – Urban Girl Reader
3/15 – The Reading Cafe
Frederika “Freddy” McAllister has loved Logan Gabriel since…well, forever. Unfortunately, she’s spent most of forever in the dreaded “friend zone,” harboring what has to be the longest-running crush of all time. But now Freddy has a plan to make Logan see her as more than just the girl next door: She’ll enter him in Elan Magazine’s Eligible Bachelor Contest, then swoop in to soothe his bruised ego when he loses. There’s just one tiny problem: Logan wins! And that means he’s headed to a mansion in New Jersey where six beautiful women will vie for his affections on reality TV. Making matters worse, the producers want Freddy to tag along and help choose his ideal match. Suddenly her perfect plan becomes a perfect nightmare, as Freddy scrambles to outwit conniving contestants and convince the man of her dreams that the woman of his has been by his side all along. Purchase links: Amazon / B&N
Kathryn Quick Bio
Born long ago in a place not so far away, Shenandoah, Pennsylvania, Kathryn Quick has been writing since the Sisters in St. Casmir’s Grammar School gave her the ruled yellow paper and a number two pencil. She writes contemporary and career romances, romantic comedies, historical romances as well as urban fantasy.
She has been a member of New Jersey Romance Writers and Romance Writers of America since 1990 and considers it an honor to have been NJRW President in 1992 and 2001. She is one of the founding members of Liberty States Fiction Writers, a multi-genre writers’ organizations dedicated to furthering the craft of writing and helping aspiring writers move onto publication.
Kathye originally wanted to be President of the United States or an Organic Chemist, but somehow life got in the way and she got married right out of high school and had a set of twins two years later. The Presidency seemed out of reach and night school to get her Ph.D. to create new molecule that would ultimately result in the betterment of humankind seemed a little time consuming while trying to raise twins, so she decided to write instead.
In her “other” life, Kathye is married to her real-life hero Donald and has three grown sons all having adventures of their own and three “bonus” grandchildren. She is a die-hard New Jersey Devils fan and works for Somerset County government (as close as she could get to the White House) and is plotting a novel about a new molecule that will ultimately result in the betterment of humankind.
Blog Tour Grand Prize Giveaway
Kathryn is giving away a Kobo mini ereader and an eBook of INELIGIABLE BACHELOR to ONE winner that follows the tour. (If you already have an ereader then Kathryn will gift you a $60.00 gift card to either Amazon or B&N.)
Fill out the Rafflecopter form below to enter. The more tasks you complete, the greater the chance you have at winning. Good Luck