Ten Reasons to Love….
A Catherine Mann book (as per Joanne Rock, Cathy’s long-time critique partner)
10- The unexpected… Cathy loves to turn convention on its ear and she’s always looking for ways to make her stories different.
9- Emotion- You’ll never be short-changed on the emotional end of a Cathy Mann story!
8- A heroine who can hold her own. No other kind could deal with the strong heroes in her books.
7- Quick wit. No matter the situation these heroes and heroines find themselves in, one of them will crack a joke to make you laugh out loud even when all seems lost.
6- Fast pace. Buckle your seat belt on page one, because these stories move.
5- A real world. Cathy writes stories so real you can hear, taste and smell them! Whether we’re digging through the rubble to save a heroine caught in an earthquake, or strapped into the back of a cargo plane, we are present to every moment thanks to her sharp, vivid writing.
4- A few treats for devotees. All of Cathy’s books stand alone, but she manages to work in a few references to previous and future stories that will make hard-core fans smile. I love finding the quick nods to other characters.
3- Dialogue. If you meet Cathy in person, you’ll soon discover she’s no slouch as a conversationalist. She brings the same snappy way with words to all her books, deftly crafting conversations that keep the story moving.
2- Action. Whether she’s writing a military story or a steamy Desire, Cathy writes an action-packed read!
1-A hero who is smart, stubborn and strong…. A Catherine Mann hero makes us want to fall in love all over again!
Look for all this and more in Cathy’s latest, GUARDIAN.
Ten Reasons to Love….
A Joanne Rock book (according to Catherine Mann – Joanne’s long time critique partner and BFF)
9) Enchanting heroines we can identify with – their quirkiness and inner insecurities echo those feelings we all have. Then through the journey of the book we see how those traits, how our own traits, are actually strengths. A Joanne Rock book makes you feel good about yourself!
8) Dashing heroes! Joanne’s heroes know how to have FUN! Reading a Joanne Rock book treats a reader to the best date ever. J
7) Sizzle – whether her heroine has a secret hobby of pole dancing or chronicling a great aunt’s erotic diaries, Joanne’s books tap into inner fantasies and make them seem delightfully accessible.
6) An entertaining and unexpected supporting cast – Joanne’s secondary characters are as fascinatingly well-drawn as her hero and heroine, with a backstory, wardrobe and quirks all of their own. Joanne may come across as quiet in person, but that’s because she’s a people watcher, soaking in everything around her.
5) Smart Plotting! Joanne’s a college professor and, wowsa, she puts those academic credentials to work in creating tightly woven plots, often interlocking two fascinating romance storylines – and sometimesa suspense thread as well.
4) Versatility – Joanne writes contemporary steamy, historical and young adult romances – and she does it all damn well. She’s won numerous awards. Her first contemporary novel – LEARNING CURVES – won an RWA Golden Heart Award. And her medieval novella in THE BETROTHAL was nominated for an RWA RITA Award.
3) Her sports heroes deserve a special nod all their own! Joanne hails from a house of sports minded men – from her husband (a former sports editor) and her three athletic sons. Joanne puts all those hours spent cheering from the stands to work in creating dynamic sports heroes – and all around muscular athletic guys. Yum!
2) Unique professions for the ladies – from a beer making medieval heroine to a singing telegram contemporary gal. It’s a delight to see what Joanne will come up with next.
1) Tender emotions – while there’s steam a-plenty in Joanne’s work, her characters still know how to touch the heart with a genuineness that gives the reader confidence in the couple’s happily ever after lasting a lifetime.
Joanne and Cathy have been friends for over 15 years. What character trait do you look for in a friend? One lucky commenter will be chosen at random to win a copy of FULL SURRENDER by Joanne Rock and GUARDIAN by Catherine Mann.FMI, they can be found online at: